Wednesday 27 March 2024

The Antient Towne and Cinq Port of Rye

 I recently won a prize for architectural photography, and the awards organisation didn't tell me. It was last year, so I've already forgotten what it was - something about 'best historical exteriors series' I think. I have a feeling I might have entered into other competitions who also might not have told me so it would only be a teensy white lie if I called this series MULTI AWARD WINNING. 

Anyway, I've been photographing my current home town on and off for about a decade - the town itself is pretty much unchanged since the 17th Century and has preservation orders slapped on just about everything (except my humble dwelling and me).  If we get a sea mist, and I'm awake very early, I grab a camera and take some snaps. It's getting increasingly difficult  to get a feeling of how the town must have been as it gets more popular as a tourist destination. People park their cars all over the place and there are always bunches of tourists walking around, quite often in the middle of the road as if the place was a theme park. Anyway - here's a part of the series. 




















2 comments: